- 22-Apr-2013 to 28-May-2013 (PST)
- Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- Full Time
We are currently conducting a talent search for a Drafter/Designer 3.
Position's duties and responsibilities:
The Drafter/Designer 3 will produce mechanical/electrical drawings, charts, graphs, and tables from specified instructions using standard drafting procedures. May use computer or other drafting techniques to produce drawing packages, 3D models, perform scaling, dimensioning, or line locating. Calculate various dimensions or weights using mathematical formulas. Work with engineers to accurately depict the desired design characteristics, make revisions to existing drawings and generate ECO's as needed. Compile bills of materials, and maintain electronic component database(s).
Requirements & Qualifications:
- AS in Electronics/Mechanical/Design or other technical area with specialized courses in drafting, design and engineering practices
- 5-7+ year's prior experience as a Mechanical/Electrical Designer in a medical, energy, geophysical or high tech commercial product company
- Advanced proficiency with SolidWorks
- Product Drawing Management (PDM) practices
- ANSI and/or ISO drafting and tolerancing conventions
- Mechanical design and packaging of electronic hardware for high reliability applications
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package, including, but not limited to:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan, paid holidays
- Direct deposit for your convenience
- Group health coverage including medical, dental, and vision plans, term life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Opportunity to participate in a Medical Care Reimbursement Account, Dependent Care Account and Qualified Transportation Benefit Account
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Dell employee purchase program-purchase Dell products using our corporate account for discounted pricing
- Discounts to theme parks and vacation destinations through Wild at Work! program
- Pet insurance...and much more!
Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and background check upon job offer, prior to their first day of work.
We participate in E-Verify.
Salary: CTG is committed to remaining competitive in the marketplace
*Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Corporate Recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Channel Technologies Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We look forward to reviewing your qualifications further!!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!